Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blendkit 2017 Initial Response to First Reading

Before I begin I want to emphasize that I am very excited to be a participant in this course.

However, so far I have found the way the course is designed confusing. I can't figure out how to get more green checkmarks (completed) in the Modules section and there are so many ways to get to all the assignments I'm not sure which way is best.

Somehow, I found my way to Week 01 Activities. (And unfortunately now I can't find my way back.)
FOUND IT: https://blended.online.ucf.edu/blendkit-course-week-01-activities/

Anyway, about the first reading, it is written like a term paper. Basically, I skimmed over most of it by using a technique that was a lifesaver for me in college. I only read the first few words or sentence of each paragraph. I merely glanced over the lists of sources and names and dates.

The best part of the article are the case studies (stories). I found story number 2 the most useful for my purposes.

Overall, this course could be chunked more effectively. Especially the orientation video that are talking heads for 20 minutes. In my head, I was already editing their video to make it easier to digest.

When I find the page I found most useful again I will post the link here for any other lost souls.




No comments:

Post a Comment